Sunday, April 6, 2008

Your are My Sunshine Lesson

You Are My Sunshine
Written by former Louisiana State Governor Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell; Copyright 1940 and 1977 by Peer International Corporation. This song is one of two official songs for the State of Louisiana.
Sung by Emmylou Harris and Glen Campbell
CHORUS
You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear,
how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.
1.
The other night, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
So I hung my head and cried.

CHORUS
2.
I'll always love you
and make you happy
if you will only say the same;
but if you leave me
to love another,
you'll regret it all some day;

CHORUS
3.
You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
and love another
You have shattered all my dreams.

CHORUS


1. “You are my sunshine”.
Could you replace “sunshine” with another word that means the same or similar thing? __________________ __________________ ___________________

2. “I really love you more than you realize” is another way of saying what (from the song) ___________________________________________________

3. What words in the song mean, “I made a mistake”? ________________________________

4. What word from the song means, “You will feel sorry that you did this”? ________

5. What word from the song means “have broken”? _______________________

6. Why is this a sad song? It’s a sad song because ____________________________________________________________________

7. Look for the rhymes.
a. gray rhymes with ___________________
b. and say rhymes with _________________
c. between sort of rhymes with _______________

8. How many present-tense verbs can you list?
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g. Now can you write a sentence using MAKE/S or TAKE/S or LOVE/S in a sentence?
(You can make your sentence negative if you want.)
__________________________________________________________________

9. How many future-tense verbs can you list?
a.
b
c.
d.
e.
f. Now can you write a sentence using any of the above verbs in your own future sentence?
(You can make your sentence negative if you want.)
__________________________________________________________________

10. a. There is one conditional verb. What is it? _____________________________
b. Can you use this verb in an IF + past tense, conditional sentence?
___________________________________________________________________
11. There are two present-perfect tense verbs. What are they?
a. __________________________________
b. __________________________________
c. Can you write a sentence using a present-perfect tense verb
(HAVE/HAS + past participle of a verb) _____________________________________________________________________

12. How many past-tense verbs can you list?
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
Can you write your own sentence using three of the above past-tense verbs?

j. ____________________________________________________________
k. ____________________________________________________________
l. ____________________________________________________________

No comments: