Monday, April 7, 2008

Qué Será Será Lesson

Que Será Será

[Doris Day sang this Oscar-winning song in 1956]

1
When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

CHORUS
Que será, será,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que será, será
What will be, will be.

2
When I grew up and fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.

CHORUS

3
Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, what will I be
Will I be handsome, will I be rich
I tell them tenderly.

CHORUS










Please find the subjects and verbs in this song and list them according to tense.

1. Subject Present Tense
a. Here is
b.
c.
d.
e.
f


2. Subject Past Tense
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.

3. Subject Future Tense
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h

4. What language is Qué será? and What does it mean?
__________________________ _____________________________

5. What word in the song is a metaphor (a word symbol) for “good times” ?
___________________

6. When the mother says, she tells them “tenderly,” what’s a synonym for this word? __________________________

No comments: