Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Valentine Lesson

My Valentine lyrics by Martina McBride
1. If there were no words
No way to speak,
I would still hear you.

2. If there were no tears
No way to feel inside,
I'd still feel for you.

CHORUS
And even if the sun refused to shine,
Even if romance ran out of rhyme,
You would still have my heart
Until the end of time.
You're all I need,
My love, my valentine

3. All of my life I have been waiting for
all you give to me.
You've opened my eyes and shown me how
to love unselfishly

4. I've dreamed of this a thousand times before
In my dreams I couldn’t love you more.
I will give you my heart until the end of time.
You're all I need,
My love, my valentine.

La da da
Da da da da

CHORUS
And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme,
You would still have my heart
until the end of time.
‘cause all I need
is you, my valentine.

You're all I need
My love, my valentine.

1. Use THERE IS THERE WAS
THERE ARE THERE WERE

2. Tell how many of something or how many people (or not)
a pencil
one pencil
no rice no pencils
ten balls
many books
some water some books
a lot of rice a lot of books
too much noise

3. use a prepositional phrase Write a few more prep phrases.
on the table
in class
over there
right here
____________________________________________________________________
4. How many white balls are on the table?
Please answer the question using there. Write a complete sentence.
____________________________________________________________________
5. How many balls are on the table?
Please answer the question using there. Write a complete sentence.
____________________________________________________________________
6.Write your own sentences using
a. There’s a _______________________________________________________

b. There are _______________________________________________________






7.***The noun closest to THERE determines the verb (singular or plural).
There’s one teacher and 20 students in this class.
There are 20 students and one teacher in this class. You write two sentences like the above examples:
a. ____________________________________________________________________

b. ________________________________________________________________

8. IF clause unreal conditional + past tense,

main clause WOULD/COULD

a. If I were rich, [and I’m not rich] I would buy a big house.
(be in the past.)
b. If he were . . .
c. If she were . . .
d. If I had two cars, I could give one to you. (have in the past)
e. If there were more students in this class, the office would be happier.

f. If there was an earthquake [and there hasn’t been one],
everyone would be scared.
everyone would go home.
(be in the past) the ground would be shaking.

9. Finish these sentences:

a. If I were rich, __________________________________________

b. If he _________________________________________________

c. If she _________________________________________________

d. If I had _________________________________________________

e. If there _________________________________________________

f. If there _________________________________________________

10. How long has he/she been waiting for the lover?

S/He_______________________________________________________

11. Which phrase in the song means,” You have made me understand how to love you and not think only of myself.”
_______________________________________________________

12. How many time has he/she dreamed about

13. What phrase in the song means, ”forever”?


14. What phrase means “you have no more”?

a._________________________________________
What does, “I ran out of rice” mean?
[Write a complete English sentence.]
b. ______________________________________________

15. Find all the verbs. First underline them in the song. Then write them here:
present
a.
b.

past
a.
b.
c.

present perfect
a.

present perfect continuous (progressive)
a.

conditional
a.
b.
c.
d.

future
a. Gati©2008

No comments: