Monday, August 24, 2009

When You're Smiling




When you're smiling,
When you're smiling,
The whole world smiles with you.

When you're laughing,
When you're laughing,
The sun comes shining through.

But when you're crying,
You bring on the rain.
So stop your sighing.
Be happy again.

Keep on smiling.
‘Cause when you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you


A: GRAMMAR

Present Continuous Tense = verb to be + ing
happening right now
Or happening in the future

Examples: I am listening to you right now.
I am spending time with my mother this weekend.
And ….. I am going to spend time with my mother this weekend.


Look at the words in this song, and write the present continuous tense verbs:
1.
2.
3.
4.


Are there other ING words? What are they? How are they used?

5.
6.

B: What’s the difference between WHOLE and ALL THE ?
Examples: I ate the whole banana.
She read the whole book.

Please write all the (your) information.
All the furniture was made in Mexico.
I heard all the news.

Please write two sentences:
(the whole) ________________________________________________________
(all the/ ___________________________________________________________

My whole your whole his whole etc.
My whole family loves to watch soccer.
____________________________________________________________________

All my brothers live in China.
all my /all your/ all his/ all her/ all our/ all their )


C: CONVERSATION Talk to your partner. Then write what you think.

How can your mood change a situation? Talk about MOODS with your partner.
Are you ever in a happy mood? a sad mood? an angry mood?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sallt:
Can i do these work on the line?

Qinghua