Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tennessee Waltz Lesson

Tennessee Waltz
sung by Patti Page

I was dancin' with my darlin' to the Tennessee Waltz
when an old friend I happened to see.
I introduced her to my loved one
and while they were dancin'
My friend stole my sweetheart from me.

I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz.
Now I know just how much I have lost.
Yes, I lost my little darlin' the night they were playing
the beautiful Tennessee Waltz.

(Instrumental Interlude)

Repeat.

PAST PROGRESSIVE TENSE be (WAS, WERE) + verb ing

Write the examples of past progressive you find in the song:
1. I was dancing
2.
3.

PAST TENSE
1.
2.
3.
4.

In this story, WHEN is used with the PAST TENSE and tells us that something happened at the same time.
What two things happened at the same time (in the song)?


_____________________________________________________________________
WHILE is used with the PROGRESSIVE TENSE and tells us that two things were happening at the same time.
What two things were happening at the same time (in the song)?


_____________________________________________________________________

No comments: